The proceedings of the international symposium "Heritage in Motion. Between Preservation and Devotion", held on 27 and 28 April 2017 at the Institute of Artistic Heritage (IRPA) in Brussels, have just been published.
On the initiative of the Cultural Heritage Directorate of the Ministry of the Federation of Wallonia-Brussels, this volume contains the papers that have fed, starting with Belgian, French and Spanish cases, into the general reflection on how to reconcile the opposing values governing the preservation of intangible manifestations and the movable heritage that is their responsibility. It also includes the transcript of the round table led by specialists from different backgrounds which closed the proceedings of the symposium.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction Nathalie Nyst - Welcoming speech Christina Ceulemans
- The Ducasse de Mons, recognized as intangible heritage by UNESCO: what are the risks for the tangible heritage involved? Benoît Van Caenegem
- The ancient banners of Brittany (16th-18th centuries): use and conservation Yann Celton
- A 15th century processional chariot in the heart of the Tour Sainte-Gertrude in Nivelles Jean-Paul Etienne
- La Sanch, a procession in the heart of the city of Perpignan Cédrik Blanch, Élisabeth Dumeyrou and Alexandre Mille
- Bringing Intangible and Tangible Heritage into Dialogue: The Example of the Heads of the Giants of Ath Laurent Dubuisson
- Major Flemish and Spanish works in procession in San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Tacaronte and Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife. Continue or stop? Myriam Serck-Dewaide
- The treasure, the museum and the religious object in procession: permanence and renewal of cultural practices versus conservation Ariane Dor and Valérie Gaudard
- Heritage conservation and devotion in the context of processions. The heritage project "Op handen gedragen" Julie Aerts and Joris Colla
- The praxis of Easter Week processions in Spain: tangible and intangible heritage. Some reflections for conservation measures Juan Carlos Bermejo
- What are the conservation prospects for intangible cultural heritage objects not classified as "treasures"? Véronique Van de Voorde
- The religious intangible heritage of Hainaut: challenges and findings Déborah Lo Mauro
- What are the criteria for a better conservation of the processioned properties? Draft of a checklist Marjolijn Debulpaep, Géraldine Jaffré, Emmanuelle Mercier and Fanny Van Cleven
- Round table Alain Dierkens, Sophie Balace, Jean-Pierre Delville, Judith Kagan, Serge Maucq and Muriel Verbeeck
This publication is available for 25 euros from the Walloon Heritage Agency (AWaP).
Contact : +32 (0)81 230 703 ou +32 (0)81 654 154 ;
188 pages, 21 x 23 cm ;
ISBN : 978-2-930624-14-3